Search This Blog

Monday, February 07, 2011

WOW - That weekend went F-A-S-T

I didn't get around to posting yesterday and was just too tired last night; so here I am this morning - GOOD MORNING~
Yesterday I started the day cutting "cake squares" (10 1/2" squares) for a swap. Only two of us signed up for this one but thats OK - I'll put the squares to good use - I all ready have plans for them. There were "themes" - Coffee cake, Strawberry short cake and Irish creme cake. I wrapped my swap partners up with a bow.

 After I had finished the cake squares I washed, ironed and ripped muslin into about 13" squares for another swap that I am in for "String Blocks" - The pile in the background is my "strings" and I just pulled strips that would fit the location I was working on not paying any attention as to what was next to what and boy are they turning out colorful! I'll post a progress report later today.

Then we ate some lunch of leftovers (cabbage casserole, butternut squash and smoked sausage) then went to the River for a lovely walk....
A Blue Heron in the swollen river

Ivy on a Sycamore against a bright blue Carolina sky


Fungi on two logs

Seagulls roosting on the rocks - before long they will return to the beach

A sign of Spring - Dandelion blossoms

Train on one of the trestles that pass over the River-walk

Fresh growth in this outcropping of moss
All in all the walk was wonderful BUT we both over did a bit and are sore. I actually was in extreme pain last night - enough that I just couldn't continue sewing. So I will start again this morning; I am hoping to finish the string blocks this morning. 

An update on "Faye"; Scott recovered her wooden base and painted her hardware. He then cleaned her cover with Dow Scrubbing bubbles and then put her all back together - Doesn't she look happy?



2 comments:

  1. Cool! I gotta get mine from my storage building!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do miss a Carolina blue sky! I was just saying that to my dh a couple of days ago. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...