Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Took a "Back" break

Literally I took a break from a lot of things the past few days or went along very slowly as I hurt my back pretty good and couldn't do anything without wincing in pain.

Today I am feeling a good bit better - I still wasn't able to sleep in my bed last night but got some good rest in the recliner. Yesterday I pulled out a project that I started awhile ago and have it nearly finished. It's a scrapbook for someone and I have 4 more to do. These will be surprise UN-BIRTHDAY/UN-CHRISTMAS presents. I can only post a peek... I want to keep it as much of a surprise as I can.

Last night I trimmed all the 2 inch blocks that I had sewn from the bits left from the trimming of the turning 4-T blocks so they are now ready to be sewn into small pinwheel blocks for a border around the center block that I had created last week from the rest of the trimming bits. Now I'm trying to decided which brown to use as a border around the center block; I like them both but am letting them sit on the cutting table for awhile and walking by and looking at them under different light levels throughout the day to see which one I like best. It's really silly though that I'm even concerned at all because this will be a quilt for my cat not a real decor piece or a gift. But I think he deserves the added attention I'm giving this decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...