Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

SO - what did I accomplish?

So while I was away from the computer what did I do? Not nearly as much sewing as I'd thought but I did get a daily walk in with Amelia (dog) which thrilled her to pieces. And we will do it again today and this time we will have Scott with us as he doesn't have any work for the rest of this week.

I've enjoyed lighting a candle in the kitchen in the evenings - a nice "Fall"-ish scent.

I did sew some and pre-washed some flannel for some PJ's for Greg. I don't take chances with cotton's; I don't want to put in a lot of work and they have them shrink like crazy and not fit him when I give them to him. He is a PJ bottom wearer - not FULL PJ's. I think most young men go for the bottoms only. I am thinking about making him a robe for this winter since we will be keeping the thermostat low to save money - we will just have to layer up. When I was going through my patterns for PJ bottoms I went ahead and pulled ALL PJ related patterns. I had no idea that I had this many and this was only the adult patterns and not even all of them. CRINGE! OH well at 99 cents and $1.99 it's not like I spent a complete fortune on them and I can use them over and over with care.I plan to make myself some sleeveless nightgowns. I just don't like sleeves on them as they always seem to twist on my arms and cut of circulation so I wake up to a "dead arm" usually hanging over my head and face and freaking me out.














OK! So now to what I did get made. I finished Tesla's quilt so now he has something to lay on in the sewing room while I am working so that he will stay off my current project - I hope. And I made Abby a dress (This is part of her Christmas present). It was super easy and turned out really cute. It's made of corduroy and in such a super fun print.

2 comments:

  1. Wrap or box the quilt with a bit of the 'nip and bet you will have to drag him off of it!
    Gypsye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that precious quilt and that little dress is wonderful, plus to think it is corduroy. It is sweet.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...