Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

Lovely Goodies in my mailbox




Laura over at http://craftingsheep.blogspot.com/ emailed me to offer two skeins of beautiful 100% wool - hand dyed - just because she knew I could use it and would enjoy it! She was having allergies to this wool so I told her I would gladly accept it and put it to good use - now to find a lovely project. It is sock yarn but I have never made socks - perhaps it's time to try. It's absolutely lovely yarn. Thank you Laura for thinking of me!


The next fun bit to arrive in the mail was Anne of Illinois' NEW Holiday Round Robin Center. She chose Christmas... I can hardly wait to add my round to it. I sent my center off a couple weeks ago and I know that Carolynn in Washington State was having a blast working on it - if you remember I had done a Halloween Center for my Round Robin. Here is Anne's Center:

To top off the lovely mail Scott and I took a nice leisurely walk by the River. We are both pretty sore in the muscles so it was just a slow steady walk to enjoy this beautiful day. I so miss the New England color explosion in the Fall. Here the leaves just turn brown and fall - then they are gone! Scott and I searched as we walked and found some REAL color and I just piled them up to photograph just so I could make my own small explosion - all in one small pile.

2 comments:

  1. Becky, You are so very welcome and I am so glad you like it and can use it. I'd love to see what you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Oh, I do miss the fall color! No fall color is one of the (many) bummers about living in Florida. Fall is the only time of year I get homesick. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...