Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Surviving!

My head still feels yucky and if I'm still feeling bad by tonight I will go to the Dr tomorrow morning before I have to be to work. I'm thinking that I could be developing a sinus infection.

I'm so ready for Friday to get here.... and thankful that I will also have Sunday off this week.

Greg passed his first block test on the latest portion of his Utiliesman training. He has 16 days left to "A" school and then he will get to come home. I am so looking forward to seeing him again. I've missed him so much. He keeps talking about all the places he wants to go with us and where he wants to go out to eat when he gets home. LOL! He is just doing so well and we are so proud of him.

Last night when I got home from work Scott was out walking Amelia and I called to find out where they were so that I could walk to meet them. We met up down by the power line right away behind our house they were coming down from the community pool and I up toward it. As we walked together a gust of wind blew a cloud of pollen right into our faces. It's definitely Spring here now.... UGH pollen! No wonder our heads are all stopped up. After we got back to the house we washed our faces and hands to remove some of the pollen that had rained down upon us and went to the grocery store for dog food and odds and ends - $70 later we came home and cooked a dinner together - pork chops, steamed broccoli and cauliflower and some refried rice with onion and bell pepper. YUM! We had enough leftovers for lunches today... yeah no junk for me or Scott!

Scott cleaned out the largest of the raised beds in the garden and he plans to plant out the potatoes that have sprouted here in the house. We also bought some "fresh" seeds - peas, spinach, squash, peppers, okra and a spicy mesculen mix. Perhaps Sunday we will be able to build a couple new raised beds to replace the ones that have broken down.

I bought Greg a book called Dr BBQ's All Year Long Cookbook - by Ray Lampe. It has some absolutely delicious sounding recipes in it and since he loves to cook on the grill I thought it would make a wonderful welcome home gift. I'm thinking about putting together a whole gift basket of things for him to enjoy once he is home again.

My Mom called to say she has been laid off too. It seems to be going around these days - lay offs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...