Search This Blog

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Saturday's Adventure




Scott and I drove up to Fletcher NC to attend the South Eastern Environmental Expo. I'll post more about that in my next post when I can get to those pictures on his camera. On the way home we came down Hwy 9 through Bat Cave, Chimney Rock and Lake Lure. We made a bathroom stop at the Lake Lure Visitor's center and it gave me the opportunity to take a picture of the HUGE place that sticks out of the top of the mountain. I imagine that it's like living on top of the world up there. And of course I had to take a picture of the natural beauty across from the place.

We made a quick... VERY quick stop at my Parents' to see the new baby and give Mom a hug or two. We just had to get back on the road; as it was we were both exhausted and it was a toss up as to whom would drive safer. But we made it and no injuries were had by anyone along the way. We did come up on one trucker that had NO REAR LIGHTS... thank God he had reflective tape or we may have run right into him. We crashed hard last night. I ended up sleeping in one of the recliners as lying in the bed seemed to cause me a lot of abdominal pain... which I had to believe came from eating a chili-dog that looked kinda weird at lunch.

OH and we stopped at Iannucci's.... YUMMY! Italian!!!!! I had Manicotti and some of their delicious out of this world sour dour bread sticks coated in sesame seeds. TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...