Search This Blog

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Little Nickie's Vet Visit

Yesterday I took Greg's cat to the vet for his yearly check-up and Neutering. It was quite the ordeal for the little guy as he had one on the outside and one on the inside; so he ended up with two incisions instead of the one small one at the rear. They really opened his belly up - poor kitty. For the next 5 -6 days he will stay on the screened porch or with Greg in his room. I don't dare turn him out until those stitches heal up as there are so many and if that huge male he has been fighting with showed up he could kill Nick. When I brought him in last night Tesla wouldn't go anywhere near him; I guess because he smelled of the V-E-T and Tesla HATES the Vet's. Today I will be taking Tara in for her check-up and shots. And they'll get to check her over to be sure she is over the respiratory bugs she had a couple weeks ago. If she still has any of that going on they probably won't give her shots today. I'll be so glad to have all these check-ups behind us for a year. In the future we won't have more than 1 or 2 pets - never 4 again. I love animals but the expense is more than we can handle and I won't be an irresponsible pet owner. Rabies is quite prevalent in this area so vaccinations is a MUST.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...