Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Rain Rain Rain!

It's been raining for quite some time. I was awoke by the sound of water plinking in a can outside our bedroom window; not sure what time that was as I was so tired last night. The grass will REALLY need mowing this weekend with all this rain. The garden is loving the rain and the corn is the best looking we've ever had; I hope it follows through with something good to eat. The tomatoes have gotten so big it's quite the act of contortion-ism to pick the ripe ones but they do taste so much better than store bought ones that it is more than worth the work of picking them.

Scott is having a "lovely week" at work with lots of meetings and training sessions. We REALLY need a weekend getaway. Especially since I'm working all evenings... doesn't leave much cuddle time. After Christmas or sooner if they get more people hired I'd like to go to 3-4 days a week ONLY. I only signed on for part-time and to me that is 20 to 25 hours a week. I'll continue to work the longer weeks for now as we need the money for Vet bills; trying to get all the animals up to date on shots and such. Amelia's visit went well once we got inside the building yesterday. She made me fall outside the Vet's office and I lost skin on the top of my left ring finger and my middle knuckle. She tried to force her way past me and was heading for the busy road by the Vet's; scared me to death. She has never done me that way before; she usually saves her worst behavior for Scott. But she was good for the vet's team so after we left there I treated her to a walk along the Riverwalk in West Columbia. She met a lovely English Bulldog named Ema. Everyone else wouldn't allow her near them. She does look like she has some Pitt Bull in her but she wouldn't hurt a fly. But her appearance is enough for most people to get as far away from her as they can. All she wants to do to them is sniff and lick them.

Well I've got laundry to do so that I will have clothes to wear to work tonight so I better get to it... OH my newest little nephew was born night before last just before midnight. He will be going home today or tomorrow and his big brother and sister are looking forward to it. I'm hoping to get to meet him next week or the week after.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...