Search This Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

A walk in the Garden and A peek into my sewing room....

First lets walk out and see whats going on in our garden...
Volunteer Butternut Squash - FIVE in just this shot and there are more on the vines.

Zinnia's exploding from the sides of the tomato plant; or so it appears that way.

Pinto and Red Dragon's Tongue Beans - Growing nicely

Volunteer - watermelon OR Cantaloupe - not sure yet

This Sunflower just goes and goes... look at all the buds still to open.
A couple Happy Dog pictures.....

Bernadette

Amelia
And now for what I'm working on in my sewing room....
I'm trying to decide which fabric to use as a border; this will be a table topper. I may do a narrow border of the dark brown and then another 3 to 4 inch border in the light color... decisions decisions... input welcome.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy watching the progress of your volunteer fruit and veges and Bernadette's laughing face always makes me smile.
    If the table topper is covering the whole table top then the choice of the darker border surrounded by a lighter outer one sounds fine. If some of the table will show around the edges of the topper the border depends on the shade/colour the table top is as the wrong shade of brown could make it look odd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH EEEKKKKKK! I hadn't even thought of that! It's for her kitchen table - or at least that is my "intention" but she may want to use it else where or as a wall hanging. I'll have to "think think think" a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics... Bernadette looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is fantastic. I am still waiting but now I see green. Love the quilt colours and pattern. B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...