Search This Blog

Saturday, June 04, 2011

Backyard Pictorial

Magnolia continues to bloom.

We believe this is a squirrels nest up in the magnolia tree.

We will have a fresh from the garden salad tomorrow for lunch and the tomatoes I started from seed are finally growing well.

Scott pulling a few weeds in the squash and cucumber bed.

I only have 2 bell pepper plants left and this tomato was a volunteer.

Volunteer tomato plant - tomatoes starting to turn red.

Yellow squash

Butternut Squash - OUR favorite squash - volunteer plant. There are also mustard greens coming up in this same bed.
The white you see in the garden is shredded paper - junk mail and other unwanted paper.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Becky,

    The pattern arrived TODAY :) :) :) Thank you :) :) :)

    I can't wait to see those magnolias when they're in full bloom. They'll be so beautiful :) :)

    Yellow squash...any squash, really, is a favorite in my home, too :) :)

    Have a great weekend. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible garden good idea with the paper. I love Magnolias I only seen them once in Vancouver. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever have issues with the paper blowing away? I think that is a swell idea, but I am concerned about our winds.

    And aren't volunteer plants the best?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is fabulous! I'll bet you can't wait to harvest -- can I come for dinner? ;) Thanks for taking so many pictures and sharing them. ~Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...