Search This Blog

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Why I can never truly say... "I'm bored"

I have so many wonderful things to occupy my time at home besides the daily housekeeping chores and meal preparation. I have several projects in the works and more in my mind. Here are a couple I'm working on right now...

A Quilt for one of Greg's friends' baby girl. I'm really late getting this one made and to her but I'm hoping that she will like it anyway. I just have a little more tying to do around the outer edge and then I can put the binding on it and Greg can take it to his friend.

The next project is this really neat baby sweater made out of Bamboo yarn. I'm getting to be a real yarn snob and only want to work with natural fibers. They just feel so much nicer than acrylic yarns. The sweater was one of those "freebie pull-off's" at Hobby Lobby.






I have this wonderful garden to keep me busy, You can see that there is quite a bit of weeding to be done in some of the beds. We have blooms on the tomato plants and the tomatoes and pepper plants that Scott bought at the Cayce Farmers Market off the discount table are recovering nicely. What we thought was a volunteer watermelon is actually a cantaloupe the one nice sized fruit that is on the vine is nearly as big as a basketball. I noticed this morning that it's skin is VERY cantaloupe~ NOT watermelon at all. I hope that it will taste sweet and not bland.

I also have Christmas in mind and scrapbooking will be a big part of this year.







And then there are these three goof balls that keep me smiling and on schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...