Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Chicken Chow Mein - FROM SCRATCH!

This is another recipe that I got from my Mother-in-law (she IS an EXCELLENT cook)...

CHICKEN CHOW MEIN

Brown Lightly in 2 Tablespoons hot butter:

4 Tbsp. minced onion
1 cup sliced mushrooms

Add and Simmer 15 minutes:

1 1/2 Cups Shredded cooked chicken (I've also used turkey for something different right after Thanksgiving)

1 cup diced celery

1 1/2 cups chicken broth

2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce

1 Tbsp. sugar

Blend and stir into meat mixture:

1 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch

Dissolved in:

3 Tbsp. COLD water

Cook until slightly thickened and clear.
Serve over hot rice with chow mein noodles.

3 comments:

  1. This is my kind of food! I will be making this right away. Thanks for taking the time to share it. Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe is SUPER easy and FAST! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does look very tasty :) :) ): I do love ASian food!!! Hugs, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...