Search This Blog

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Mexican Chocolate Cake

I'm not sure where I got this recipe or I would definitely give FULL credit to whomever came up with it as it is DELICIOUS!

MEXICAN CHOCOLATE CAKE

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 pound unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces, plus more for greasing pan
3/4 cup whole milk

2 large eggs, lightly beaten

Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the chocolate chips and butter with the milk until smooth, stirring occassionally.

Pour the warm chocolate mixture over the flour mixture. Stir until smooth. Add the eggs. Stir until smooth.

Butter the inside of a medium loaf pan (8x4 inches). Pour the batter into the pan. Bake at 350* for 50 to 60 minutes until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Do NOT over bake. Cool the cake on a wire rack for about 30 minutes, then run a knife around the outer edges of the cake, making sure to run the tip along the bottom of the pan. Tip the cake out of the pan and cool completely on the rack. Slice and serve at room temperature with a scoop of ice cream, if desired. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

BECKY'S NOTES!>>>>> I tried baking this in one of my loaf pans and it ran over in my oven so I now bake in an oval casserole dish that I have since my loaf pans are not quite deep enough. And I am keeping my eye out for a little larger loaf pan for future tries.

I am planning to drizzle this cake with melted white chocolate today and will post a picture later. We like the fact that this makes a smaller cake than most cake recipes. And Scott wants me to try adding hot peppers to one sometime as the sweet chocolate and heat from the peppers would make it extra yummy. ENJOY!

Sorry no pictures - it's all gone!

1 comment:

  1. Woooo--hoooo..Becky, what are you trying to do to me!!! I love chocolate cake, gotta try this one! Thanks for taking the time to share your recipe and tips. (I am looking for a larger loaf pan too, for my bread baking.) Gerry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...