Search This Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fig Lemon Jam


Day before yesterday I went over to my Mother-in-laws' and picked a bucket of figs and put them in the refrigerator. Yesterday I just had too much else going on with household chores to get to making the jam with the figs so they sat in the refrigerator until today. The title of this post is a link to the recipe that I used from Cooks.com ( I LOVE THIS WEBSITE).



Last night we went to our friend Robin's house for dinner. Her 2 wiener dogs did their best to entertain us. They are so cute! Dinner was wonderful and it was so nice to see Robin again.

Uncle Jessie was down from Greenville as he had an appointment at the VA at the Eye Clinic. He was able to get some visual aids to help him read things more easily.


We stopped by Julia's (Mother-in-laws) before we went out to Robin's so that Scott could look over some probate papers for Jessie. Jessie will need to get a lawyer to look them over and witness his signature on all of them. He was so tickled that he got treated so well out at the VA and we told him that he is something they cherish (as much as we do) - a World War II Vet - RED CARPET all the way.

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried canning anything yet. I'll have to wait until I'm back working to do that...but this looks really interesting. I am in awe of people who do this.
    Those two little Wiener dogs are so cute. My aunt's friend had this little one called Jojo. He looked just like the brown one in your photo. He was a stealth dog who liked to sneak up on peoples food and eat it..Then when you'd say stop..he'd look all cute an innocent :) :)
    OH, love Uncle Jessie...you are right...WWII vets ROCK :) :) My dad and I watched the last half of this movie called "The Great Raid" with Benjamin Bratt, Connie Nielsen, Joseph FEinnes etc...and it's about a true life story of some military guys that went to rescue American servicemen held in a Japanese prisoner of war camp. What was really sweet was the last scene, where you see them finally going home...and it switches to the real life movie footage that was taken...and the real soldiers that were portrayed by the actors in the movie. So Uncle Jessie is extra special :) :) :)
    Have a wonderful week, Becky!!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...