Search This Blog

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Misc...


I had to move patches and a pocket on Greg's Camo uniform before this weekends drill. He has gotten so broad in the shoulders that he got orders to buy a new top. So Mom was called to action to move all the patches.



It's been a bit of a downer week so last night Scott and I drove up to the 10 acres that we have for sale. I don't know if that helped or made us feel worse because we have it for sale. But on the way home we saw quite a site and I made Scott stop so that I could take a few pictures. This field of sunflowers was OUTSTANDING; a simple reminder that there is still beauty and growth all around us and life goes on in it's continuing cycles. So life will go on no matter what comes our way and we will also grow from this experience.

I was finally able to get the better picture of Samantha's babies quilt off the little camera... I gave the quilt to her last night and she loved it.

3 comments:

  1. What a joy - a field of sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet post Becky...I love the quilt, too!!! Great job. The font is a little hard for me to read, because it's so tiny...but otherwise, I'm so loving your blog :) :) :) I love how you fixed the patches for your son's uniform, so that everything would look/fit right!!!!
    Oh, I'm not sure if I mentioned this last time or not...the two chubby kitty cats that are pictures in your header...they're so CUTE!!! I love cats, especially chubby ones :) :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cats in the header are Nicky and Tesla. Nicky has 6 toes so it looks like he has thumbs and he has long hair. Tesla weighs 16 pounds and we have to measure out his food carefully- no putting food out to nibble on with him around as he will sit there and do his best to eat it all and then re-gift it all to us to find later. YUCK!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...