Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm Back!

I've been doing a bit of sewing and watching the flowers bloom the past couple days and reading. It's been ever so long since I read a trashy novel so I figured it was about time to pick one up at the library. Just finished reading A Cottage by the Sea by: Ciji Ware. It was an intriguing story and I enjoyed reading it.

I also watched a couple episodes of
Wire in the blood on Hulu. It is quite "dark" and Scott says it's too dark for him but I love shows like that - Crime Dramas.

All in all today was just a goof off day for me and I think that I needed it.

OK... back to the sewing...














I received the fabric and notions for the small bag swap that I am in with my on-line quilting group. Now to get my creative juices going... Should be interesting. I also made some "square in a square blocks" for another swap that I am in with the same group. I think I will uses the ones that I get in return to make a table runner or topper. It will be a scrappy project as everyone is just sending what they want; there is no color scheme assigned to this swap - perhaps next time there will be. We have so many wonderful swaps planned for this year.




Flowers...






















I just had to take another photo of the white hydrangea (supposed to turn shades of pink as the blooms age) this is the first time since I planted it that I've actually been home enough to enjoy it from start to finish.

The Lantana by the lamp post is just starting to put on it's show and the butterflies and the hummingbirds absolutely adore it. I would plant an entire hedgerow with this stuff if I could.

The yellow squash flower is on our "mystery squash" vine that came up volunteer. Perhaps I will post a picture of the strangely shaped fruit that it is producing; I've never seen anything quite like it before.

And the white flower is a "Rose of Sharon" that I got in an on-line plant swap years ago. I have several colors but so far this year only the white one has bloomed.

Mail... I got such a lovely surprise from my Mom - a box full of brown fabrics for my quilt stash. OH SUCH LOVELY FABRICS! And such a wonderful loving note too...

And an EXTRA bonus surprise... A NOTE FROM ABBY
! I drew and colored a picture for her today and mailed it out so she will get a letter from Aunt Bec in the mail this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...