Search This Blog

Monday, July 19, 2010

Deep Cleaning and Yard Sale Prepping




I decided this morning that I would start tackling this house one closet/cabinet/room at a time; bagging stuff up to donate (clothes) and marking stuff for a yard sale that I will have on July 31rst. I want to get rid of about 1/3 of our "stuff"- possibly more. It's just STUFF taking up room that I have to clean around. I'd rather see someone else get use from it. Today I got through the linen closet, the coat closet and the entry... Looks pretty good if I do say so myself. Tesla decided that the linen closet was now "his room"; poor thing doesn't realize that the vacuum has to go in that spot. Tomorrow I will tackle the other closet in the hall-way - Holiday decorations. UGH! I think I will get rid of everything that isn't Halloween or Christmas. I don't really decorate for the others anymore since Greg is a grown man - not that he isn't wild enough to appreciate the decorations. He is such a cut-up and would play along for Mom's sake. But I'm just NOT that into decorating. I would love to have a Halloween party this year but who knows where we will be or what our circumstances will be then either.

Here is what I have ready for the yard sale (CHEST not included)...

I went to walk by the river by myself this morning before it got dreadfully hot. Saw this dead fish and had to stop and wonder how it came to it's end. It was over a foot long... I'm not really sure what kind of fish that it is but I'm sure Scott will let me know. I thought this vine looked interesting on this tree right on the bank of the river... I also saw one of the families of Geese that have made the Congaree their home this year..

Time to get dinner made.... NOTE TO SELF! DO NOT PUT A PAN TO BOIL AND THEN DO A BLOG POST! I sure hope I can get the melted aluminum off that burner when it cools and the stink out of this house before we have to go to sleep tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky..I love yard sales and too bad you didn't live in my area...because I'm going to be looking at yard sales this week. I have found out two things...Friday is a great day for yard sales...all the good stuff is still there..AND churches and multi-family yardsales have some of the best variety of things :) :) :) I'm still looking for a cotton white table cloth with a lace edging. I haven't found that yet...but I've found a whole bunch of other things...all beautiful and useful :) :) sorry about the dead fish...Oh yeah...boiling water and blogging don't mix...Sorry to hear about the pan. Hopefully the stinky smell goes away soon!!! You're a sweetheart and your post made me laugh and smile today....and drool over all the cool yard sale stuff you'll be selling :) :) I hope you get lots of visitors. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :) :) p.s. I love the font. It's very easy to read :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...