Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dinner @ 5

I'm doing my best to have dinner ready at 5 PM for when Scott walks through the door. That way we can be done eating and the kitchen cleaned up before 6. Hopefully this will help us wind down earlier tonight and every night so that we can keep at our walking/running at 5 AM each morning. Tonight I am making smoked sausage, baked beans,corn and homemade Onion rolls. I use this recipe from my Kitchen Aide mixer cookbook (it came with the mixer) and I add 1 tsp Onion POWDER. I've also used 1 Tablespoon of dried onion before. You just add your choice to the dry ingredients before adding the wet stuff.


If you want rolls for a Spaghetti dinner just add 1 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning mix to your dry ingredients or perhaps just a teaspoon of oregano.

Tomorrow night I am planning to make stuffed shells. I'm wishing we still had lettuce in the garden to pick for a salad. Oh well - I'll come up with something good to go along with the shells.

You can tell from the stains on the page that this is one that I use quite a bit. It reminds me of the rolls that my Grandma used to make to take to church suppers. Can you tell I was raised on a Farm - Supper NOT dinner! Dinner is Sunday at midday only.

I went to Jo-Ann's today to look through pattern books to write down pattern numbers so the next time they go to $1.99 I'll have my list and I will also have gone through my pattern to be sure that I don't all ready have some of them - I don't need duplicates. Tomorrow I plan on having a sewing day FOR ME! I need some sun-dresses BAD and shorts. I have like a million (slight exaggeration) shirts but hardly any shorts. OH and some skirts would be nice as well.

When we can I need some new sandals and dress flats as I can't wear any of my shoes anymore due to daily swelling in my feet. This getting old is for the birds sometimes. Scott needs new sneakers as well. Our situation WILL improve - I'm sure of that.

It looks like only one person is wanting something fun in the mail. Several posts ago... http://lifeforus.blogspot.com/2010/06/dish-helper-give-way.html I offered up 2 hand crafted dish clothes to a lucky person that left a comment. So far only one person has done so... BUT it's not too late - just go back to that post and leave a comment and I'll throw your name in the hat so to speak.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, this looks like a good recipe. I made bread today too and it came out really good. I took pictures so I will be bloging it and give my recipe. Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gerry;
    I love this recipe as it only takes 60 minutes. I'll check your blog for your recipe. Thanks for stopping by again.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...