Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Our Walk Yesterday

Yesterday we got a late start on our walk so weren't able to go as far as we have been as the heat and humidity made it nearly impossible to breathe but we still went. Walked from the Cayce Pavilion to the trail end by the chicken processing plant in West Columbia ( PEE EWWWWWW....). We decided to skip taking the camera along as it is a bit of a hassle to deal with when running and of course we saw several amazing things that we wished that we had the camera with us to capture on disk (can't say film anymore). At the end where we turned around there was a beautiful white Egret less than 15 yards from us and it just stood on the rocks and let us watch it. Then we saw what we believed to be a Kingfisher. Such wonderful wildlife along the river.

Scott has a job interview today at 1 and we have our fingers and toes crossed. We try hard not to get too excited about anything job related anymore so that we won't be so disappointed when it doesn't pan out. We are planning to get our walk/run in early this morning - I'd go right now if Scott was up and moving as it's only 73* right now; later it's to get up into the 90's. Today I will clean house and get all the laundry caught up so that I won't have to do anymore until Monday. I'm planning to go up and help my parents some this weekend so the guys will be living the Bachelor Life. I wonder what the house will look like when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...