Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Missing Ma...



This is my Grandma in her Greenhouse that she adored. It has all fallen in now and her plants are long gone. She passed away in 1992 and I find myself missing her a great deal this year. This year has been a struggle that I wouldn't wish upon anyone but memories of her and all that she taught me has helped us muddle through. I left my job in November to return to what I know and love - being a home-maker. I've saved us more money than I had ever made - cooking meals from scratch, hanging laundry out to dry, NOT spending money, not burning $40 worth of gas a week back and fourth to work, no new "work" clothes to buy, no buying fast meals out, all in all I believe returning home has been the best thing I could have done. Scott has been able to focus totally on his job hunt and less on trying to help me to hold it together from stressing out over my own job in Retail HELL. I don't handle stress and drama well and am happiest in my own dwelling where I can support my family best. I believe that a lot of people thrive on the Drama and Stress but it eats me alive emotionally and then my health starts to suffer; just not worth it to me. Perhaps this will help other's understand "why I left my job". I want to tend and nurture my family not work for money to attain more things that will mean nothing tomorrow. Another reason I had to leave retail - just don't believe in selling things to people that they don't really need to buy to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...