Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

Good Mornin'~

We got up at 4 AM and were on the Riverwalk by 5 and then back home a little after 6. Then Scott was off to work - temp work at Bose for 6 to 8 weeks. He will also start some training so we will see very little of him the next couple of months. The unemployment has not come in for over 6 weeks now and now we are being told it will take another 6 weeks for it to catch up to us. We quite frankly think they are out of money to pay us. All Scott wants is a good job that he can enjoy and earn enough to pay the bills.

I am just so burnt out I'm afraid to even look for a job as I fear my health would become a major concern. I am certain that I am saving us way more money than I ever earned anywhere by not spending, cooking meals from scratch and saving anywhere I can with every purchase that we do make. I don't need clothes to "work" in, I'm not buying meals out, I'm not burning a bunch of gas going to a job everyday... it all really adds up. Plus side is we are eating a lot more healthy and I'm not all stressed to the max so that I can enjoy my family more.

We are definitely not contributing to the economic recovery. What kills me is even though we are both without income the credit card offers just keep rolling in; everyday the mailbox contains 1 to 3 offers. CRAZY! I don't believe that we will EVER use credit like we used to... if we don't have cash to buy something it won't come home with us. The banks are NOT our friends anymore.

After Scott left for work I went out to the garden and planted okra, pumpkins, marigolds and zinnias. We need the flowers in the vegetable garden to encourage the bees to come and help pollinate everything. The tomatoes that I started from seed in the garden are getting quite large and have begun to bloom. The sickly tomato and peppers that Scott bought on discount at the Farmer's Market are recovering and putting out new growth. So I'm hoping that we will get quite a few tomatoes to freeze or can. We need some more rolled roofing for the new walkways to keep the weeds away; it's working GREAT in the walkways where we had the original beds set. I still have a bit of weeding and cleaning up to do out there but it's starting to get sticky hot and humid and I have a bunch of cleaning to do inside today as tomorrow is trash day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...