Search This Blog

Sunday, June 13, 2010

A day of sewing

When it's 100* outside what can you do but sew. Today I made 53 of these little blocks; to make it twin sized I will need a total of 252 of these blocks - they are 5" square. I am using "noodles" (2 1/2" strips) that I got in several "Noodle Swaps" with my on-line quilting group. I plan to work in purples and greens next. Then perhaps some black and white blocks after that. Scott wants it big enough for our FULL size bed - got to figure how many more squares that will take.... YIKES 288 blocks would be needed - not sure I have that many noodles. I'm thinking some borders will need to be added to get it large enough for our bed.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Gerry! It's going to get even more colorful once I add the blocks of purple and green.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...