Search This Blog

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Garden Happiness










I have been enjoying a much needed Saturday at home. I woke up and looked out my den window to see a BEAUTIFUL row of Okra blooms and grabbed the camera to try to capture them. The flower on an okra plant is one of the most gorgeous blooms that I have ever seen and to have a row of them to greet my eyes this morning was a true gift from nature. I continued my walk around the yard and found butterflies feeding on the lantana by the light post and the start to the blooms on the Confederate rose bush. The picture I took was of two blooms side by side - it looks like a full chiffon skirt. BEAUTIFUL. Scott has been reworking the garden a bit and we have planted collards and onion sets. While out there I decided to go ahead and pick the remaining green tomatoes to make some relish. I also am sharing a couple pictures taken earlier in the month of our sweet potato harvest and our two spoiled wretches - I mean cats (Nick and Tesla).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...