Search This Blog

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fall Cooking

There is just enough coolness to the air to make me get into a baking mood. We are to go to Scott's Moms' at 1 today for dinner and she is baking a ham so I thought pumpkin bread would make a nice add on that I could take. I just popped a loaf into the oven. We will be a few minutes late as it isn't supposed to be done until 5 minutes after 1 but we live less than a mile from her so hopefully we will get there by 10 after one. Here is the recipe that I used:

It's out of the Country Roads - A Collection of Recipes cookbook
page 100

PUMPKIN BREAD

2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 cup solid packed pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened

1 cup chopped pecans (I used walnuts)

Preheat oven to 350*F. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg; set aside.

Combine pumpkin, sugar, milk and eggs in a bowl. Add dry ingredients and butter; mix only until flour is moistened. Stir in nuts. Bake in a well-greased loaf pan for 65 minutes or until done. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.

Recipe by Nancy Browder (Mrs. Bryan)

This is a wonderful little spiral bound cookbook put out by the Chapin Elementary School Parent Teachers Organization, 1983.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...