Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

RAIN and MORE RAIN!

OK... we needed some rain but now it's just getting depressing! I've been working on a batch of Chow Chow and am learning to use the pressure canner that I just bought at Walmart for $52 - YES I was in Walmart with my Mom. We rarely shop there at all but Mom said they would have the canning jars that I needed but they were out. Finally found some at Bi-Lo. The Chow-Chow smells delicious; I'm hoping it taste that good as well.... IT DOES! I had one 1/2 pint jar left over in the pot so we taste tested some... YUMMY!


Uncle Lenny's check up in Charleston went well. And they were back by 1 this afternoon. Mom stayed with me until they got back. We noticed she had a tire quite low so we went to Kershaw Tire and had them check the air pressure - turned out they were all low; less than 25 pounds of pressure in each one - kinda scary in this rainy weather. Then they told her that her brakes were nearly shot and not really safe for the road so she had them replace those. I felt better about their trip back.

I over bought on the canning jars but will hold them until we can find something else to make - and then we will probably have to buy more. I'm thinking yard sales and Free-cycle need to be hit up for some as they cost about $8.50 a case in the store.

Greg has a job interview and we are hoping that he gets it as he REALLY needs a job. His Insurance will be coming due soon and he needs to have spending money for gas and "girls". LOL!

Scott has a phone Interview this week... here's hoping they both get employment this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...