Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Words of Wisdom from my Grandma

I've been thinking about the sayings I would hear all the time from my Grandmother....

* If you want something done right - do it yourself.
* Don't cross your bridges before you get there.
* Never burn a bridge as you might need it to get back home.
* I'm not going to live forever so you better start learning to take care of yourself.
* Never cry over spilled milk.
* Get up before the sun and work "the best part of the day" and then rest.
* Tea at 3.
* Always turn the other cheek.
* Clowns and Jezebels/Harlots wear makeup. - (Probably why I don't wear much if any makeup - tried it as an early 20 something but then got sick of the expense)

I'll think of more and add them to this post.

Some my Mom remembered....

How about these;
The Lord helps those that help themselves.
THAT GUY IS AS SLICK AS SNOT ON A DOOR KNOB.
If you live long enough, you'll know it all, don't try it as a kid.
If you're going to do something.,do it right.
Treat others as you want them to treat you.
If you saw someone jump off a cliff, do you have to follow them?
Those that have to say the last word usually find themselves standing alone.
You see that woman over there smoking a cigarette, she doesn't look much like a lady does she?
Do it today then you'll have time to do other things tomorrow.
Make your bed well, you're the one that has to sleep in it. (she wasn't talking about a bed).
If you want to know what someone is doing, go ask them.
Rumors have wings.
If you do something right, no one will say anything to you. Do it wrong and you'll never hear the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...