Search This Blog

Monday, September 07, 2009

Labor Day Again....

Here it is Labor Day again and I won't be celebrating it at all as they don't believe in it down here in the South except for a way to make more money with yet another sale. We are open regular hours today - no time for family and friends. No time for fun and picnics and barbecued chicken and ice cream. Just another day to work to make someone else rich. UGH!

I know I sound dismal and should be glad I have a job but I am missing the days of hard work on the farm all summer long and then the Labor Day picnic in my home town. People are watching the parade and the hose fights will start soon. Friends and Family will gather at the Ball Flats for catching up with each other after a long summer of hard work. There will be kiddie rides, art shows, quilt and afghan raffles, barbecued chicken, ice cream from the girls Field Hockey team and fireworks this evening. Classes will gather for reunions and classmates will be talking about their lives and sharing stories from high school as well as talking about their children. Labor Day was always a day to regroup, reconnect and have fun.

Today I will be going into work and answering for the failings of others and myself and trying to come up with new approaches to get the same things done better,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...