Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday All Ready

Sorry I didn't get back on here the other night but I injured my right wrist and it was hurting too bad to type for any period of time. I went to CVS and bought a brace for it as well as some OTC pain meds and it is feeling so much better now.

And Friday on my way out I told my Boss... "Have a good weekend I'll see you Tuesday". And he said "WHAT? I thought you were going to be here Monday" I got a text later in the day saying for me to come on in and work Monday at 5... ah well it was a nice thought while it lasted. I was a bit confused about the extra day off any way so now there is no need to wonder anymore.

Later this morning Scott and I will be attending our nephew, Dougie's 8th birthday party. I tell you what I thought  my son grew up entirely too fast but these younger nieces and nephews are having away of making this Auntie feel ancient.It will be nice to see my family again - at least part of it.

Last night's sunset was so beautiful...
Taken just outside our screened porch.
You can see in the bottom right corner that we still have a few tomatoes in our garden but the tops of the plants have some frost damage. We really need to pick the rest of the tomatoes and lay them out on newspaper somewhere to finish ripening. Or I need to make some green tomato relish.

Scott has his garlic growing out there as well as all sorts of "winter greens" (collards, mustard, and spinach). We should have enough greens to process some for the freezer. I'll try to remember to share some pictures of the rest of our "Winter Garden" next week.

As always I have a list of crafting things going on as well that I will post more about a little later. My current project is the little jars I picked up a few weeks back at the Goodwill Clearance Center that I am turning into small pin cushions for stick pins that I have created for some people.  Yesterday Scott and I went back and we found some things to bring home. I got a dress, a jacket and a denim top. I found a pair of dress pants for Scott as well. And I got some crafting goodness as well... baby yarn in a mint green, some paper lunch bags that I can turn into a mini-album, some calendar dividers for a planner, some white satin, some beaded trim that was attached to a piece of unusual green silk and several antique doilies. Scott got some power supplies for a geeky project he is working on here at home. And we only spent about $14.

Well I have a birthday gift to wrap and breakfast to make so I better get off here. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Scott and I have had the house to ourselves this weekend with Greg visiting his Aunt and Uncle in Georgia.



2 comments:

  1. Oh Becky I am sorry about your wrist and your job:)
    Have fun at that party and very good buys at Goodwill. Fantastic sunset. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the party was good. I like being around kids as it keeps me young trying to keep up with them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...