Search This Blog

Friday, November 05, 2010

Chilly Weather

It's finally turned cool enough that we pulled out our electric space heater. We are avoiding turning the house furnace on for as long as we possibly can to keep out electric down. Last month we ran very little A/C and no heat at all and our electric bill dropped to $150... I'm hoping to do that again this month or at least stay below $200. There really is no point in heating the entire house when we stay mainly in one room at a  time and we can move the electric heater around as needed. In my sewing room my iron heats it up pretty good and I wear a sweater. I'm dressing in layers a lot now.  Of course the cats think we pulled the heater out just for them. Here they are all lined up - Nick and then Tesla closest to the heater. For a minute I thought they were going to have a fight over who would get the closets spot.
I'm trying to get 8 quilt blocks made for the Christmas block swap that I signed up to do; they were supposed to be mailed on Halloween. I'm a little slow getting them out as I picked a pretty detailed block so hopefully the ladies won't mind them being a little late. I have 3 made and in their envelopes to be mailed and 2 more in the sewing stage. I may have to set them aside until after I get a shirt and skirt made to wear to work.

1 comment:

  1. We have a radiant heat heater to keep us warm here in our little cottage. We found this heater curbside shopping probably 30 years or so ago and love it. Our dog and felines always loved laying close to it. It is in the attic right now and we probably won't be getting it down just yet. We've just got a couple of chilly nights coming, then it's going to warm back up into the high 60's at night.

    Your quilt block is really pretty. I've never made a quilt before, and the one I have in planning stages and have squares cut out for, is still sitting waiting for me to begin. :-)

    Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...