Search This Blog

Sunday, November 16, 2008

FINALLY a Sunday OFF!

I worked 6 days last week and haven't had any weekend days off in what seems like for EVER so I'm planning to thoroughly enjoy this day off. I was actually approached to work today and I told them "SORRY - NO". I'm slowly learning to say no as I don't want to work myself to death and miss out on things with family anymore.

Yesterday we got a surprise "bonus" letter from Greg. It was awesome so much more upbeat than the one we got Thursday that talked about switching bunks and being sick of bunk mates fighting constantly. He is definitely maturing at Boot Camp - Only 18 days til he Graduates! YEAH! And another bonus is that his handwriting has improved IMMENSELY! I just can't wait to see him and hug him again. He said that he is running low on stamps so I think I will mail him some with my next letter. He says he just LOVES Mail Call.

Scott has removed all the trim from around Greg's double windows on the front of the house and is hoping to get one or two of the new windows in place today. It's going to make a big difference in the temperature of that room thats for sure. Once we get the windows in we will paint the room and do a quick fix on the wood flooring. We are running out of time to get this done before Greg comes home for Christmas.

The past few days of storms and winds has about emptied the tree's in our yard of their leaves. I just love the rusty colors of Fall. When we build the cottage I want to stick with Fall Woodland colors - rich reds, oranges , yellows and mossy greens. I just love the warmth they fill me with just by looking at them.

The sun is coming up nice and bright this morning so it may be a good day to hang clothes out to dry and save the electricity on the drier. I love the way clothes smell dried on the line - so crisp and fresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...