Search This Blog

Friday, November 21, 2008

Less than 2 weeks to go!!!!

Yeah in less than 2 weeks we will be in Illinois waiting for Greg's Division to march into the PIR Ceremony. A few short hours after that I will be able to hug and kiss my wonderful son and we will be able to talk and talk. I'm sure he will be introducing us to Mendez his new friend thats going to be a Seabee as well.

Greg's letter this week.....
* He's been quite ill with the Recruit Crud and was taking medication to clear it up.
* Said he went through fire-arm training and didn't care for the 9mm at all but loved the shotgun!
* He's worried about being deployed to Iraq.
* Ear plugs are wonderful for sleeping!
* Said that his Division is getting closer to being Hall of Famers!
* Wants to hear what Obama is planning to do about this war.
* Was reminiscing about the original Nintendo and wishing he had his now.
* Wants to hug us everyday! : )
* Still LOVES pictures!!!
* Needs writing paper and envelopes now - LOL - Will have to see if I can find some about the same size he has been writing to us on as his storage is very limited.
* Misses us .

He also wrote to his Grandmother McAuley and she called to let me know that he told her that he had his picture taken in his uniform. I can hardly wait to see that. He will make a handsome Sailor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...