Search This Blog

Monday, April 28, 2008

Shallowness....

I've been thinking a lot about the shallowness of the majority of Americans. Most people would say they are successful when they can maintain several credit cards, a mortgage or 2 and plenty of "things" that they have spent a fortune on. I've decided that success comes not from the added burdens but the joys we find in family and friends. I used to think having lots of money would be "everything" and there would be no worries. But added money just creates more burdens that require a tremendous amount to up keep. I want more time to be creative and spend time with my family and friends. I want to cook GREAT meals and maintain my home without burdening my husband with household chores while he is working so hard himself. I want to work with him daily and share my days with him and not employees. I'd like to spend more time with the children in my life and share the knowledge that I have with them to give them a different view to think about and ponder. I want to listen to the soft sounds of nature and not to man made machines all working to pollute the world and to make people reach that level of success that they are all working so hard to burden themselves with everyday. I want more time to read about things and places and I want to go places and experience what they have to offer in the area of knowledge not the trinkets that you can bring home with you... history, tastes, sounds, photos, and memories of great conversations with people that we meet there. I'm fighting a battle within myself daily with wanting to do a good job but not truly believing in where it's taking me. I feel I am loosing time with everyone I love and hold dear to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...