Search This Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Touchy Subject

http://warwickensis.blogspot.com/

An interesting blog of sermons. I am not a church attending individual but enjoy reading about different religions and different views on Christianity. I considered my self a spiritual person but not a full blown Christian. I was baptized into the United Methodist church and became a member of that church at the age of 17 but do not currently attend a church or services of any sorts. My Grandma was deeply religious and I was raised to attend both Sunday school and church but as I reached adulthood I became more interested in expanding my knowledge beyond Christianity.

The sermon on the above blog is about our actions and how they affect people in the chain of life. For every reaction or action there is a consequence for you or someone you come in contact with or someone else down the line. How often have we said things or done things that we wished we had not and how many times has someone said or done something to you thats set you off for a bad day? Isn't it interesting how life works? Every religion of the world has deep views and perspectives on how people should live their lives and the consequences for not following "the word" alone can lead to some conflicts and hurt. I remember as a teen thinking... "why can't people just agree that they are different and get along so there were no wars". Religious beliefs are wonderful but until people stop trying to choose religions for others there will be no peace in this world. I believe people should rejoice in their beliefs and share their ideals with other like minded individuals but not try to convert others that have made their own religious choices. Love of mankind and the individual and being thankful for what we learn thru our lives should lead to fulfillment not condemnation.

Just some of my Sunday morning thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...