Search This Blog

Monday, November 25, 2013

More Recipes for our Thanksgiving Meal

First I'll share the link to our recipe blog for the Broccoli Casserole that I will be making...Broccoli Casserole

Now for a little something sweet.. the Pecan Pie recipe that I will be using. This recipe is out of a  book titled... Creative Cooking made, easy...The Golden Fluffo Cookbook

Pecan Pie

3 eggs
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
2 cups dark corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup pecan halves

Pastry for a one crust pie 
( I will use my Grandmother's recipe for pie crust - to follow)

Beat eggs until light. Mix sugar and flour, add it to the eggs and beat well. Stir in corn syrup, vanilla, salt and pecans. Pour mixture into pastry-lined pie plate and bake at 350*F. for 45 to 50 minutes, or until filling is set.



Our Turkey is being supplied by my Husbands Employer - it's  a smoked turkey and I think most people know how to make mashed potatoes so I won't be sharing a recipe for either of those. Cranberry sauce and the pickle tray will come from a can or jar. And the Mincemeat filling is also a purchased filling so no recipe there either. I've shared before how we do greens  but will have to look for the post to provide a link and the search bar doesn't seem to be working at the moment. 


1 comment:

  1. My youngest daughter bakes our pecan pies for Thanksgiving. She does a great job and we all love them. It is one of our Favorite sweets for the holidays. Happy Thanksgiving. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...