Search This Blog

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Let's Share Recipes!

I thought that with this being the BIGGEST cooking week of the year for most USA families I would share some of the recipes that I will be making for our Thanksgiving meal. I'll start with my Mother-in-laws recipe for Cornbread dressing...

Cornbread Dressing (Julia's Recipe)

Left over corn bread (measure it)

then add 1/4 of the amount of cornbread
 in regular bread, rolls or buns broken up or cut into cubes.

Chop up 1 onion
and 1 or 2 stalks of Celery

Add to bread mixture.

Bring to a rolling boil - 1 cup chicken broth or more depends on hope  moist you like your dressing.

Pour over bread  mixture

Then ADD:
1 or 2 heaping teaspoons sage
salt and pepper to taste.

Lastly beat in 1 egg.

For lighter dressing add 1 teaspoon baking powder just before putting into a greased pan ( We use a jelly roll pan)

Bake 375* to 400*F oven until browned and set.

2 comments:

  1. Cornbread stuffing is my favorite part of Thanksgiving. I've never tried to make it using both regular bread AND cornbread though. I bet that makes it quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...