Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Is it REALLY Spring?

Yesterday the wind was AWFUL! I was happy to have this roof over my head that is for sure; 45 mph gusts of cold air. I made this video for my friend, Amelia in South Africa.

My current project is a "junk" journal; made up entirely of food boxes (cereal, Popsicle, etc... whatever I could pull together before they hit the trash can). I made the cover all up and then decided I really didn't care for how it looked and took out some greyish blue paint and painted the entire thing over and re painted it and now I like it much better.  I'll share a picture of it tomorrow when I have good natural light so the colors aren't all washed out.

I'm glad readers enjoyed that forwarded story I got on Facebook. I rarely forward anything as most of it I consider junk and an eye sore. But every once in awhile a truly touching story reaches me and I do share.

This is Scott's final week in the Programmable Hydraulics class and he is looking forward to having his evenings free once more. Working and going to classes is not as easy as it was when he was in his 20's and 30's.

Tax time! UGH! I hate doing the taxes every year! And I don't have much longer to get them done; April 15th is just around the corner. I'm so hoping we won't OWE this year. We are making less money so you'd think our tax burden would be less. Ah well... "whatever to be will be and there is not a thing we can do about it"... one of my Grandma's favorite things to tell me when I was growing up. I've been missing her badly this Spring... wishing I could help her in her garden just one more time. She's been gone since 1992 but she's always just a thought away.

My hours have been cut to just 4 -4 1/2 hours per day. It's almost not affordable to work. Ah well.. .it is what it is and there is nothing I can do about it so I will just press on. Besides it gives me more "play time".

Tomorrow marks the midway point of the week and warmer weather will arrive with the weekend. YEAH!

Scott and I are trying to come up with a fun place we've never visited within a 4 hour (or less) drive of us to spend our Anniversary weekend. Nothing touristy! A place with character and characters and good food and fun! I have some time to research.

Well folks I'm going to wrap this up here and get the kitchen cleaned up for the day... oh and there is laundry waiting as well. Take care and best wishes to all!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for showing your video! Shed a few tears with the Facebook post. Enjoy your anniversary outing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...