Search This Blog

Thursday, January 03, 2013

Art Journal

I decided to start a mixed media Art journal and yesterday I started working on the cover. It started off looking like this...
Then I put on about 4 coats of Gesso to cover most of the blue....
Then proceeded to add colors...

I used some words I cut from old magazines..

I'm keeping the rest of these in a file for future use in Art projects.

I want to express my creative side more this year. A friend on-line is offering up weekly prompts to help with this. This week is "Goals and Dreams for 2013". I will work on my page for that after work today.




6 comments:

  1. Boy oh boy Becky ~ You are definitely creative and seeing all of your projects in your posts really inspires me to get going once again.

    I like what you did with the cover of this journal.

    FlowerLady Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Becky you are truly creative this is going to be a fun year for you. Art makes for happy in this world. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I am going to take time to do a "Year of Words" journal.. I want to study words according to a biblical perspective.. I love art therapy so maybe I will do some creative art with my Word Study Journal. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have great creativity, Becky! It must be cool to be able to produce such wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and how are you going to possibly get MORE creative?! You seem to be so much so already!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...