Search This Blog

Friday, April 02, 2010

Early Morning

I'm up early this morning as Scott's alarm went off about 5 and I went ahead and got up with it. I may need a nap later today but for now I'm doing all right. Yesterday I mowed the entire yard, finished the piles of laundry that I had not gotten done the day before and we (Scott and I) drove up to the property to check on things since a bad storm blew through and we wanted to be sure we hadn't lost any large trees. Everything was fine at the property and it was nice to be around a lot less traffic even for just the 30 minutes we were up there. It's so rejuvenating!

I made myself a list of tasks to get completed this week and there is still quite a bit on that list so as soon as Scott gets up I will complete some more on it. Don't want to make too much noise too early. I may go on out to the garden as soon as the sun comes up though as I do have "weeding garden beds" on my list. Perhaps when Scott gets up we can get a few more raised beds built. Once we get 4 more into the garden bed out back it will be complete except for filling the beds. I'm really excited about having a garden this year as I will have time to focus on it and I will be putting a LOT up for later use. Especially since we bought a canner last year. The rhubarb that I planted has come up and is getting some nice leaves on it. The asparagus isn't doing anything at all and I'm worried that it's not going to but I will wait a bit more before I email Gurneys about it.

Another task is to make a Pooh baby quilt for one of Greg's Navy friends as she just had a baby girl and requested a "Pooh" quilt. The fabric is pre-washed and in the dryer waiting on me. I also have 4 quilt blocks to make using pastel green, blue, pink and yellow fabrics. Each block is to be a 12" finished block. I actually started on these the other day but messed up and have to re-cut some squares and start again. It happens... doesn't make me happy but it's no big deal. these blocks are for a swap that I am in - I will make another baby quilt with these to have on hand for the next baby that comes along.

Still no word on a job for Scott but we are still hopeful and he continues to apply for jobs; something will come up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...