Search This Blog

Monday, January 20, 2014

Crocheting Trim

Today I decided to create a trim for a project I am going to be working on and this is what I came up with...
I've had some folks ask for the pattern so I took the time to write it down in case I ever want to make it again. I really don't mind people using the pattern below but it would be nice if I was given the credit if you use it. I just came up with this on my own as I went along.... here is the pattern...

TRIPLE CROCHET PICOT SHELL TRIM
By Rebecca McAuley

Create a chain the length of trim you desire
Turn
Single crochet across chain
ch 3, turn
Make 4 Triple Crochets in same stitch as Chain 3
*** Skip 3 single crochet stitches
Single crochet in next stitch
Chain 3
Make 4 Triple Crochets in same stitch**
Repeat ** across to end
At end turn
***Chain 3, Picot (which is another chain 3 and a slip stitch in first chain), chain 3
Single crochet in chain 3 space of shells in previous row.***
Repeat*** across to the end and tie off.

2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely trim Becky. Your directions are well written and easy to understand.

    I love crocheting trims and have even started making some with beads. I bought a wonderful book titled The Beaded Edge and have had fun making some of these. There are some wonderful antique trim/edging patterns out there too.

    I look forward to seeing what you use this trim of yours with.

    Happy Crocheting ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will make a very nice finish touch to whatever you are making. I've never tried to make trim, but I've admired it very often. I have one set of simple, white pillow cases with a think bit of trim and though there really isn't anything "special" about them I think that trim makes them special.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...