Search This Blog

Monday, December 09, 2013

Scott's Haul

Scott with "Treasure" - The Fireworks warehouse near where he works was throwing out all this lumber. Scott asked the Warehouse Manager and he told Scott to take ALL of it - anytime they throw something out there Scott could take it. YEAH! A new tractor shed is in the plans!
Here are the rough saw 2x6's after Scott had removed the nails.

My most recent card - a layered and stamped card. It was fun to make and I learned a LOT - next time I will use a more contrasting color between the stamped image layers.

An 8x 10-inch canvas I did for a friend. I have added gold Lumere paint around the edges since I took this photo. The gold really makes it look like a Vintage gilded postcard - SUPER SIZED.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a haul on that good lumber. My husband would have picked that up too. Way to go!

    Your card is lovely as is your canvas.

    Enjoy your holidays ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to find a source for free lumber!! Good for you guys--both in saving yourself some money and preventing the waste of perfectly good resources. I can see you're having lots of fun with your winter card making!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).