Search This Blog

Friday, December 27, 2013

Found a box of Treasure

I went to lunch with my sister, Robin and my friend, Gypsye to Cafe Strudel. We had an awesome lunch and even split a piece of Red Velvet Cake. Yum.  Afterwards Robin and I went into the Old Mill Antique Mall with plans to just look around a bit and chit chat. Well she found a cool belt that looked like a rope of bay leaves and I found a real treasure; well at least to me it was. It was a box full of "linens" for $25 and the booth that it was in was having a 25% off sale so I got it for $20. There were all sorts of Wedding appliqués, crocheted trims and doilies, 2 pillow cases with pansies embroidered on them, a tea towel with tomatoes embroidered on it, tassels, Battenburg lace , beaded trims, ribbon, fabric flowers, a wine bag and a bit of trim with dinosaurs on it. TREASURE!






I also got 2 napkins or kerchiefs with embroidered edges to turn into baby bonnets and a Cottages & Bungalows magazine.

It's been so cold the past few days; it's currently 39*F here at nearly 9 PM and tomorrow we aren't supposed to get out of the 50's. Brrr... chilly. This is really only the start of our coldest months... January and February are generally when it gets the coldest and when we usually see a bit of ice and/or snow.

The seed catalogs have begun to arrive so I better start planning our garden for this year. I really need to add a layer of compost to all the beds that don't currently have something growing in them so they'll be ready to plant things in a few months.

Well thats about all my news - i'm going to try harder to post what we are up to now that the Christmas madness is nearly behind us.

5 comments:

  1. A lovely collection of treasures. Hope the garden planning goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Paul. I'm trying to get caught up with everyone and hope you and yours have been doing well.

      Delete
  2. OH my gosh I am a tad green over all of those goodies in your box. WOW! Enjoy creating your lovely bits with them.

    Happy Garden planning ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked there was so much in that box and to get another $5 off was awesome! I've got a tremendous project in mind for some of the appliqués - a butterfly done on a canvas... more to come on that.

      Delete
  3. I think you'll be very busy with all those goodies and already the garden is on you mind. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...