Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A day indoors

It's been drizzling rain ALL day; so I spent most of it in my sewing room working on a quilt that will be completed and mailed to it's little owner in January. I have to make one for his brother and sister as well... so they'll get surprise packages later. I had hoped to have these done for Christmas but the sewing bug refused to bite so I've put it off until it's too late to have them ready in time.


The view out my sewing room window.
This morning the day started with an absolutely gorgeous sunrise that I tried to capture but the colors are just not as intense as they were in "real life".

I also started doing the laundry - the never ending task. And I pre-washed some fabrics that I will be using either later tonight or as soon as I get home from work tomorrow. I found a wonderful tutorial for a gift idea (I'll try to remember to share the link later - don't want to show too much just now).

I received some lovelies in the mail today and I have to share. First I received another block from one of the gals in the FQ block swap. I think it's fun to see how all the different people use the same fabric. This one is from Mary Lou...

LOVE IT!

Next I received my Christmas goodies from Carrolyn in Washington State and I am tickled to death with them...
A quilt pattern and a lovely Christmas Jelly Roll... and inside Santa?

A measuring tape and a Kanzashi Flower Maker.

LOVE IT ALL!!! Getting goodies in the mail is so much fun!

Today I also watched a man come and change the door knob on the house next door and install a Realtor's Lock Box; so it looks like the place is now up for sale. I hope we get some nice new neighbors - preferably someone crafty! I guess we will just have to wait and see. Well I've all ready tried to burn dinner up once so I better go keep a better eye on it.... Scott is home!

3 comments:

  1. HI Becky,

    Oh, you have received some lovelies in deed ;) :) I really like that quilt block. It's such nice shades of green :) :)

    I'm making fresh chicken and vegetable soup. I slow-cooked a whole, fresh organic chicken...deboned it, stripped the meat off, strained the broth and added garlic. Now I'm waiting for the veggies to add to the soup :) :) I'm also making fresh, homemade yogurt ;) : That'll take a bit longer, though :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    Happy CHRISTmas to you and your family :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabrics in the quilt that you're working on Becky! Those gifts you got, look like you'll have lots of fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love seeing your quilt squares you are getting...tell me again what you are going to do with them all.

    Merry Christmas Becky and I look forward to meeting up with you again after the holidays!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...