Search This Blog

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Day 3 of vacation

Yesterday we went to Mid Carolina Steel for some steel strips to reinforce the den ceiling by the fireplace - DON'T ASK! We took Amelia with us on this grand adventure in the truck and she loved spending time with us. It got awful hot and with no A/C so we were glad to get back home. OH we also went to Harbor Freight to buy a special drill for tight places. Once we got home we thought it was too hot to work in the attic space so we drove to Spartanburg to see Mom and to give her the wind chimes that I got for her for Mother's Day. She made German potato salad with sausage and green beans for dinner. Her A/C was also broke so we got heated up again but it was nice to see her and Dad as well as Uncle Lenny and Uncle George; Kayla and even Charles for a few minutes.

Today we will work on the den project and I may actually get into my sewing room for awhile as I remembered last night that I need to get a baby gift put together for one of the girls that works for me. I think I will do up a couple double flannel baby blankets with crocheted edging for her.

After breakfast I think we should take Amelia for a walk. Scott and I need the walk as much as she does. Too much sitting yesterday has led to some stiff achy bodies this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...