Search This Blog

Thursday, September 21, 2006

No rain yesterday after all

I was going to go ahead and mow the lawn yesterday which needs it BADLY But I couldn't get the mower started so I pushed it back in the shed and did some (again much needed) weeding in our garden. I found one pepper plant amoungst the weeds with some beautiful peppers on it that I will need to pick soon and cut up and freeze for later use in chili and stews. This vacation is teaching me the importance of finding balance in everything and not to focus too hard on my work. My dwelling and hobbies have to find a place in my daily routine again. Somehow I have to learn to do this so that I won't get to feeling so overwhelmed and burnt out.

I've begun reading Diana Gabaldon's book, A Breath Of Snow And Ashes another wonderful book in the Outlander series. So far it's repeating the end of The Fiery Cross to catch people up on the story line but thats ok as it takes me back into the book. I love her books as they always make me feel like I'm "there" hiding behind a tree or a curtain watching the story unwind. Today I think I will read and sew while the rain is falling. I did promise to take Greg to lunch at about 11; he wants Taco Bell. Off to read now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...