Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2016

A New Year Begins

OK.. so where on Earth have I been? Well there was Christmas; I left Michael's on December 18th and Scott started a new job on January 11th. Scott and I will be moving to the Upstate of South Carolina and Greg will remain here keeping an eye on this house until we have it ready to sell then he will either move with us, stay here in a place of his own or move to Maryland with friends.

Lets back up to Christmas.. we had a wonderful Christmas together the three of us. We all spoiled each other badly and had such a lovely time together. We went over to Scott's Moms' on Christmas Eve and Christmas day and ate some delicious food.  Scott's brother Steve and wife , Jane were down from Tennessee and Scott's brother David and wife Debbie were also there. We missed having Adele and Tom but they decided to stay in Atlanta and have a nice quiet Christmas together this year. My family all had other commitments so we didn't get to spend anytime with any of them. Maybe next year if we are settled in a new home we will invite family there. Scott bought me an amazing new SLR camera so that I can take the Certification course at Tech. I am hoping something like it is offered in the Greenville area as we won't be here for me to take it now. And Greg bought me a glass tea kettle and a rubber stamp of a couple sitting on a bench together... the stamp is one I have been wanting for a very long time.It was just such a nice Christmas.

December 18th was my last day at Michael's; I had 5 years in with them and I enjoyed the work up until the end. I do believe it was perfect timing that Scott got this job in the Upstate as I believe it was time for me to let go my position. Right now I am so busy sorting through basically our life deciding what we really need in our future and what things I can let go of. Man alive do we have a lot of stuff! Scott went through the things on his desk so we could take that and his computer up to the little house we are staying in until we find a new home of our own. As he was going through the things on his desk he just kept saying... "Why do I hang on to so much crap?" , "Why are we saving this crap?" etc... you get the picture. Here is the video I made last weekend to share our first obsticles and a walk through f the little house we are staying in...


My car is still at the transmission shop and it will remain there through next week. It is requiring a full transmission rebuild to the tune of $1700. The car is 10 years old and has over 140,000 miles on it so I guess it was time. Repairing it is still better than taking on another car payment. So needless to say once I got home last Sunday and turned the rental back in and got my car over to the shop I have been a home body for the most part. My Mother-in-law did take me to Panera bread for lunch one day and I used the truck another day while Greg was sleeping to run down to the grocery store for a few necessities. Scott will be coming back down here tonight and we will try to get some things tackled here and then Sunday I will be going back up with him so I can cook for him and help him get around... it really does help to have the support of your spouse when you are establishing new routines and he has missed me badly this first week. I will be without wheels but there is plenty for me to do up there. Then the following weekend we will be back down here and I will stay down until my car is ready. I also have to take Piper back in for a set of booster shots and to see about the next step in care for the dogs as they have both tested positive for heart worms. Amelia is really too old to handle the full treatment and Bernadette is completely blind and on the borderline of getting the full treatment but we are going ahead with it and see how things go for her. If Amelia dies (she is nearly 16) we will have to change Bernadette's living arrangements as she won't be able to be outside on her own.  We have decided that we are much better cat parents than we are dog parents and we will not take in anymore dogs.

I have missed Scott so badly and Pray that we will have many more years to share this grand adventure together on this planet.

I ordered moving boxes for U-Haul and they arrived this morning so I guess I will get to packing some up. I hope all my fellow Bloggers are doing well.

3 comments:

  1. All the best of luck to you two. It is all going to work out just fine. I hope we never move we collect way to much "crap" too:) Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! You guys have a full plate at the moment, don't you?! I hope it all turns out well with the dog. I hope the move and transition to a new community go just as good as possible! (I hate moving.) And oh, the stuff...you're not alone there. Its so easy to acquire and so hard (at least for me) to get rid of all too often. Best of wishes from Matt and me in EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I keep up-to-date with your goings on via facebook but still it is nice to see a blog post from you. Your Christmas sounds like it was near perfect which is really lovely. best of luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...