Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Is it really Wednesday all ready?!

This week is just flying by for me and there is still so much to get done at work. I need to find and hire a fabric person - someone that LOVES working with fabric and understands color and fabric content. My store is one of the smallest in the District but a major fabric shift still takes time and it would be so helpful to have someone that understands how shifts need to occur to get the job done quickly. Yesterday we got the quilting department done and it looks so lovely. Today I am hoping to get another 1/3 done AND get all the remaining freight out of the stock room. I'm supposed to be off tomorrow but that will all depend on how much we get done today.

Yesterday Scott went to Greenville with his Mom as his Aunt is in the hospital and is very ill. Her heart is failing and she has a major infection in her digestive tract. It does not look good right now. They also visited the cemetery and a lawyer that specializes in final issues - like planning for your end. It was a grueling day for Scott and he was exhausted as I last night.

Greg got a friend into detox yesterday. It was hard for him to see but I think he is learning more and more about the dangers of alcohol - at least I am hoping he is.

I ordered a baby sweater kit and enough additional yarn to make two more sweaters and the yarn arrived yesterday but the kit is on back order. I sure hope they get more in and that I get the kit or this extra yarn will not have a purpose. I've never used anything like this stuff - it's very stretchy; should be interesting to work with. The kit is supposed to come in by August 13th.

Tesla had another "hissy fit" the other day and Scott got to witness it. Tesla was asleep on the buffet in the window and woke up and scratched and then fell back asleep and then woke up and scratched himself again and then let out a deep hiss like - "DANG IT! I want to sleep here."

Nicholas has been sticking to me like glue anytime I'm home you'd think he was my cat and not Greg's anymore.

THANKFULLY Amelia was quiet last night. The night before she and the black dog that lives behind our garage barked and barked... ALL NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...