Search This Blog

Friday, January 02, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful New Year! The three of us went over to Scott's Moms' for the traditional New Years Day dinner yesterday - pork, black eyed peas, collards and corn bread. She had also made some macaroni and cheese and sweet potato casserole. There was also some eggnog and fruit cake to eat as well. Needless to say we over ate BIG TIME!!! Today I will be going through my cookbooks and doing a purge to get us down to Diabetic friendly and Vegetarian Cookbooks... we have got to change our diet this year as we are both having trouble with our sugar levels.

OH... I almost forgot to tell you about the wonderful gift we were given as we walked up to my Mother-in-law's door. A squirrel was fussing up a storm and we startled it out of a tree and it took off running like it's life depended upon it and IT DID! A sudden shadow went over us and Scott was saying... LOOK>>LOOK>>>LOOK... a hawk was AFTER said squirrel and they both ended up in the neighbors yard. I was able to take some amazing photos and a short video of the hawk.








After that ENORMOUS meal Scott and I decided to go for a walk by the river to burn some of it off. The river was moving VERY fast yesterday because of all the rain that we have been getting and there were so many seagulls roosting on the rocks and playing in the water. They would fly up stream and then ride down the center of the river and when they'd reach rough water they would fly back up to the "beginning spot" and ride down again. We sat and watched them for some time. There were a LOT of people there yesterday... I guess everyone had the same idea or were starting their New Year's resolution to loose weight and exercise - PACKED walk way.







 OH... and this crazy fellow kept wanting to get in my shots. lol


2 comments:

  1. I love the photos and this entry , wow what an experience, my husband always tell me it is not money that is making things special it is experience and that is so true, thank you for the look into your world and your walks , really love it , thank you Amelia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. What a nice surprise sighting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...