Search This Blog
Monday, February 24, 2014
Chicken Pie~
My Mother-in-law's recipe for Chicken pie!
Combine:
1 (3 1/2 lb) chicken, cooked, deboned and skinned ( I use baked chicken breast or left over turkey)
1 cup chicken stock (broth)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3 hard boiled eggs - peeled and sliced
Put in greased casserole, 10 1/2" x 8 3/4" x 2 1/2".
MIX:
1 stick oleo (margarine or butter) - melted
1 cup self rising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup milk
Pour over casserole and bake at 350*F for about 45 minutes - top should be golden.
The topping will be VERY thin but thats the way it is supposed to be; it will crisp up as it bakes.
OH!!! And I add a cup or two of veggies to mine that she doesn't add to hers. I cook the veggies about 5 minutes in boiling salted water , drain and add to the filling mixture before placing it into the casserole dish. I just like having a one dish meal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
July 2024.... really?
Here it is another year since I have written on this blog. Since I found You Tube and started doing videos over there this blog has become ...
-
I slept late this morning - well for me it was sleeping in at least. Chatted with a friend on Facebook for awhile until it was time for her ...
-
It was a week day like all the rest for myself but Scott had the day off. While I worked my 5 hour shift he busied himself about the house d...
-
My Mom has been going through her picture's trying to find some of me as a baby as all the ones My Grandma had seem to have disappeared....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).