Search This Blog

Monday, February 24, 2014

Chicken Pie~



My Mother-in-law's recipe for Chicken pie!

Combine:

1 (3 1/2 lb) chicken, cooked, deboned and skinned ( I use baked chicken breast or left over turkey)

1 cup chicken stock (broth)

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can cream of mushroom soup

3 hard boiled eggs - peeled and sliced

Put in greased casserole, 10 1/2" x 8 3/4" x 2 1/2".

MIX:

1 stick oleo (margarine or butter) - melted

1 cup self rising flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 cup milk

Pour over casserole and bake at 350*F for about 45 minutes - top should be golden.

The topping will be VERY thin but thats the way it is supposed to be; it will crisp up as it bakes.

OH!!! And I add a cup or two of veggies to mine that she doesn't add to hers. I cook the veggies about 5 minutes in boiling salted water , drain and add to the filling mixture before placing it into the casserole dish. I just like having a one dish meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...