Search This Blog

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Lifes ups and downs

Yesterday was an emotional roller coaster. Mom called with news that my cousin, Clarrisa had accidentally ran over her 3 year old daughter and killed her and that Jack's wife and the two babies were in an accident that totaled her car; luckily they were not hurt. I was supposed to have gone up there to visit for the day but I worked all day instead trying to get the Spring fabric set completed. If I'm not at work nothing progresses as it should... UNLESS Sonya is there as she works as hard and diligently as me. Sonya and I also took delivery of this weeks truck of 201 cartons and that was full of drama as the two delivery persons acted high as kites and seemed to lack the intelligence of a couple rats. I called transportation and let them know what was going on and I called Tim to fill him in on that as well as the fabric move. We've got to get to where we are getting things completed ahead of time instead of 2 days late. I'm going to really have to make some hard decisions and write people up as it's not helping the store to have the wrong people in certain positions. I've got to do whats best for the store. Which will mean me stepping way out of my comfort zone - it's not easy for me to be "mean". But things can not continue as it's exhausting me.

We've had a blast of arctic air move in and it's quite cold this morning. I turned the heat back on and have dressed in layers as once I get moving at the store I will be hot. I'm ready for SPRING!

Monday Scott leaves for the week to go to Boston. We've got to get him some more t-shirts as it's still quite cold up there. Monday I will also be traveling to NC for training. So Greg will be on his own hopefully he won't burn the house down - which is always a worry as he does forget things at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...