Search This Blog

Saturday, October 04, 2014

OCTOBER?!!!

REALLY? It's October all ready?! WOW... we're reaching the end of yet another year. Christmas is all in the air and in the stores and I am feeling a bit like a storm just blew through and ripped a hole in time. The older I get the faster the years spin by.

My hours are being cut back drastically so I am home more so am trying to do more to save more money around the house and watching for deeper sales. Yesterday Scott and I went to Sav-A-Lot and Dollar General for grocery items. Today I may go over to Aldi's and see if they have some fruits and vegetables and a few more meats for the freezer.

Today is also the Bluegrass Festival up at City Hall and we may go over for a little while. We do have some things that need to be accomplished around the house like replacing the window in the laundry room and hanging sheet rock out there. It has NEVER been finished out; I guess the people before us didn't see the need. We also plan to add cabinets above the washer and dryer to store items that are used only once or twice a year and cleaning products. There are SO MANY projects that have to be completed around here and I wish I had the skills to do more of them on my own. I guess they will get done eventually.

I have been working on some crafts and had lunch with some of my Crafty friends this past Thursday. It was so nice to get together over lunch since we missed getting together to craft as so many had issues where they couldn't attend last months crafting session.  We went to Cribbs Sandwich and Sweet Shop out in Lexington SC. WONDERFUL lunch and a real treat to visit with the owner. A very wonderful experience! We will definitely go there again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...